A collection of “Tasty” videos that I will/have/must try Part 2.
- 1 avocado
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. Chopped chives
- Cut avocado in half and scoop out flesh as one big piece. Lay the avocado half on its side (the hole should be on its side) and cut in 3-4 large pieces, keeping the shape of the hole in each slice.
- Cut a hole in the center of each slice of bread big enough to fit an avocado slice. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 slices of bread to the skillet and toast on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Place avocado slices inside each slice of bread in skillet. Crack an egg into the center of each circle. Season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet and cook until the egg is cooked to your desired doneness, about 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top of each slice, cover with lid again and cook until the cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Garnish with chives.
One-skillet Chicken Pot Pie
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup gold potato, cubed
- 2 cups frozen pea and carrot
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pie crust, store bought, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C)
- Heat oil over a cast-iron skillet. Add the cubed chicken, season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the onions and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
- Add potatoes and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add peas and carrots, and stir again.
- Add the butter to the vegetable and allow to melt.
- Sprinkle the flour, covering the vegetables, and quickly stir to avoid lumps.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil to thicken sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Place pie dough over the chicken and vegetable mixture, and seal along the edges of the skillet with your fingers.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
One-Pot Sausage and Peppers Pasta
1 pound any short pasta (we used bow ties)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 hot Italian sausages
3 sweet Italian sausages
1 red bell pepper, large diced
1 green bell pepper, large diced
1 yellow bell pepper, large diced
½ white onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
28 ounces can diced tomato
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black ground pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add a generous amount of salt, and cook pasta 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
2. Strain pasta and set aside. Toss with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking
3. In the same pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry sausages, working in batches as needed, until deeply browned on all sides.
4. Remove sausages, slice in ¾-inch rings, and set aside.
5. Sauté all of the bell peppers, onion, and garlic for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the canned tomatoes, all of the spices, and the sausage slices to the pot.
7. Simmer about 10 minutes.
8. Add the pasta back to the pot and stir gently until all the ingredients are coated in the sauce. Continue simmering until pasta is al dente.
9. Serve with grated parmesan.
BBQ Cheeseburger Onion Rings
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup BBQ sauce
8-10 cheddar cheese, cubed
2 cups flour
3 cups Panko
Oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, add ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and BBQ sauce. Mix well.
- Slice onions into ½-inch thick slices. Take the outer layer off and separate each layer of the rings.
- Fill the onion slice with a spoonful of meat. Place cheese cube in the middle and add a little more meat to cover the cheese.
- Dredge the onion ring and fry in oil heated at 325°F/160°C for 3-5 minutes or until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite sauce and enjoy!